It's been too long since my last post. Over 3 months. Things have been quiet and not a lot to write about. I have not forgotten about wordpress or any of my potential current or future readers. The occasional bouts Stress, depression and overall cloudy mood had been keeping me from finding the motivation to … Continue reading Quick Update
The time of year has come and gone, and took me nearly 2 days to recover. My co worker and I did a huge amount of prep work this year unlike last year. Every year we have sign up sheets at 2 of the local schools for volunteers, and we had expected 30 students to … Continue reading EMS Haunted House 2018
Another week done and days off is quickly approaching, which im looking forward to. Luckily my partner and I had it pretty low key this tour, with not a lot of calls or transfers coming in. We were paged out today at 6 am today, for an elderly lady who fell out of bed. A … Continue reading Last Day of Work and T-5 Days to Haunted House
Its that time of year again, our Emergency Services Halloween Haunted House. This year would be the 4th year we have planned and set up this event. I find it incredibly stressful. It shouldn't be, But I feel like it is. Every year has been successful, every year our attendees have increased, from about 100 … Continue reading Haunted House 2018
Its been a good week so far. The last few days at work we havnt had too many calls, we got to sleep through the night and we had a decent amount of down time. Being on a core/flex schedule has its pros and cons. One of the Pros in my opinion being that after … Continue reading For the love of the Job Part 2
Today is the start of my days off. It's been a long week, with 3 days of my part time job and 4 days of my regular schedule. I would estimate that 75 percent of our jobs is driving people from one hospital to another and back. The other 25 percent is responding to emergency … Continue reading For the love of the Job Part 1
The last 2 days I worked a night shift in a small city for the first time in a few years. As I mentioned previously I work part time for AHS on my days off from my regular job. This community is about 20,000 people and runs 2 ambulances that work 12 hour shifts. It's … Continue reading Where is your Ambulance when you call 911…?